Banishree Scholarship Online Apply 2023 | Odisha Banishree Scholarship Application Status 2023 | Odisha Banishree Scholarship Status Online Track 2023 | Banishree Scholarship Eligibility | Banishree Scholarship Form Status 2023 | Banishree Scholarship Scheme Registration Process
Education is very important in today’s condition. Everyone must have a basic Education so that the quality of life is magnified and the path to development broadens. Because educating the upcoming Youth’s which helps in making the brighter future. CM Naveen Patnaik of Odisha has launched the Banishree Scholarship Scheme for children with special needs.
Through this scheme, the Odisha Government provides Scholarships to children with special needs to make their life by educating themselves. By reading the complete article you will get the complete information regarding this scholarship, its benefits, eligibility criteria, application process. Read the article very carefully till the end to get every single piece of information.
What is Banishree Scholarship Scheme 2023 ?
On 1st April 2008, Banishree Scholarship Scheme has been launched by the Odisha government in order to promote or enhance the education for children with special needs [ students with disabilities]. Through Banishree Scholarship Scheme Financial inducement will be given to the children to get an education.
The Odisha Government’s main motive behind this scholarship scheme is to encourage students to get an education and fulfill their needs and dreams by educating themselves. This scheme is only for the Odisha residents and only they can get the benefit of this scheme.
To apply for this scheme the family income of the candidate should not be more than Rs 60000 per annum. Financial incentives from Rs 100 to Rs 250 are provided to the applicants with other allowances. The scholarship amount gets transferred directly to the bank account of the beneficiary.
Odisha Banishree Scholarship Benefits
- Odisha Scholarship Scheme provides Financial support to the childrens with special needs.
- The scholarship amount will be transferred into the bank account directly of the beneficiary.
- This scholarship scheme will help in fulfulling the dreams of children of studying.
- The scheme provides education to the childrens with special needs.
- Children acquiring the Vocational training, proferssional or technical will also get the financial incentive.
- Along with other allowance , financial Incentive from Rs 100 to Rs 250 will be provided.
- This Banishree Odisha Scholarship Scheme have been first effect on 1 st Aprill 2008.
- Only the residents of Odisha can take the benefit of this scheme.
Imcrease In The Amount Of Banishree Scholarship
On December 21, 2021, Ashok Chandra Panda, the Minister of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, announced that the Banishree Scholarship Scheme for differently-abled students in Odisha will be providing a higher amount of financial aid.
The Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities will be responsible for the implementation of this increase in scholarship amount, which is set to take effect from the academic year 2022-23. This decision will benefit more than 23,600 students. Below are the specific details of the increased scholarship amount.
|Classes||Previous Amount(per month)||Current Amount(per month)|
|Class 1st to class 5th||Rs 200||Rs 400|
|Plus 2 plus 3 students||Rs 300||Rs 600|
|Post-graduation||Rs 350||Rs 700|
|Technical and vocational training||Rs 350||Rs 700|
|Students from class 1st to university level who are residing outside the state||Rs 350||Rs 700|
|Reader allowance for visually impaired students in primary school||Rs 100||Rs 200|
|Reader allowance for visually impaired students in middle school||Rs 150||Rs 300|
|Reader allowance for the rest of the student||Rs 200||Rs 400|
|Transport allowance of students with 75 or more percentage of disability||Rs 100||Rs 200|
Objective Of Banishree Scholarship 2023
The Odisha Government’s basic objective or idea behind this scheme is to help and assist especially- abled children so that they can take the education and becomes self-dependent. Financial Assistance is provided through this scholarship scheme so that the children can take education without having any kind of financial burden.
The specially-abled children also get a scholarship for professional courses and vocational training which helps in developing the extra curriculum course to build self-confidence and financial independence. This Banishree Scholarship scheme will help and encourage children with disabilities to earn and live life. Students will be provided Rs 100 to 250 per month under this scheme.
Banishree Scholarship Form Status 2023
|Scheme Name||Banishree Scholarship Scheme|
|Introduced By||Government Of Odisha|
|Beneficiaries||Students With Special Needs|
|Objective||To Motivate Students With Special Needs (disability) To Get Education|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Financial Incentive||Rs 100 To Rs 250|
|Type of Scheme||Government|
Beneficiaries Of Banishree Scholarship 2023
- From Class 1 to Class 5 ( Primary School) thet will be given Rs 200 per month.
- Class 5 to Class 10th ( Middle and High School ) they will be given Rs 250 per month.
- From +2 and +3 level ( for college) they will be given Rs 300 per month.
- For PG Level Rs 350 per month will be provided.
- Vocational Programs and Technical Training Rs 350 per month.
- If the student have applied in other state for training they will get Rs350 per month.
Financial Incentive Under Banishree Scholarship Scheme 2023
Rate of Scholarship
In this scheme, two types of scholarships are provided to the candidates. The first scholarship is for the candidates who are living in Odisha state and the second scholarship is for those who are studying outside Odisha State. Check the table given below for clear information.
Banishree Scholarship Inside the State
|Categories||Amount of scholarship(per month)|
|Primary Class (standard 1st to 5th)||Rs.100|
|Middle and High school (Standard 6th to 8th and 9th to 11th)(Does not come under the Govt of India scholarship)||Rs.140|
|College (+ 2 and + 3)(Does not come under the Govt of India scholarship)||Rs.160|
|College (Post Graduation)(Does not come under the Govt of India Scholarship)||Rs.190|
|Technical and Vocational Training(Does not come under the Govt of India scholarship)||Rs.190|
Banishree Scholarship Outside the State
|Categories||Amount of Scholarship(per month)|
|Vocational course not available in the Odisha State||Rs.250|
|Candidates with visually challenged [primary classes]||Rs.150|
|For Students with visually [middle and high school classes]||Rs.200|
|For Students with orthopaedically handicapped||Rs.100|
District Wise Number Of Beneficiaries Under Banishree Scholarship
|District Name||Number of Beneficiaries|
|Jagat Singh Pur||0|
🔶 Also Read: Biju Pakka Ghar Scheme
Mode of Allocation Under Odisha Banishree Scholarship
- For Printing the application forms of the scheme and passing it to the Concerned sub collectors is done by the District Social Welfare Office. The District officier supply the forms in advanced to the Block Development Officers (BDO) / educational Instiitutions / head of schools/ colleges in such way that there should not be any kind of shortage of application forms to applicants.
- Now from Concerned Authorities interested students/ candidates who wish to register for the scholarship scheme can collect form. After filling the application form and attaching the required documents asked along with that, the candidate have to submit form immidiately again to the Concerened Authority after taking admission.
Reader’s Allowance And Transport Allowance Under Banishree Scholarship Scheme
- The Government iof Odisha provides the Reader’s allowance to the Visually Challenged students under the Banishree Svcholarship Scheme.
- The Odisha Government will pay Rs 100 per month for the primary class and Rs 150 per month to the Middle and High school and Rs 200 per month for other studies.
Only when Head of Institution Certifies the students will assist a reader during the period of study.
- Monthly Allowance of Rs 100 per month will be provided to the 75% or above Orthopedically handicapped students because they will need special arrangement for transport.
Important Instruction Regarding Banishree Scholarship Scheme
- Even if a student changes the Education Institution he/ she will continue to receive the scholarship.
- In any case if student needs to file any sort of dispute/question with respect to Banishree scholarship, he/she needs to file bedore the collector and the final choice of the authority will be last in case of disputes.
- If Student/ candidates belongs to the BPL Family then there is no need of Income Certificate.
- The Scholrship amount will directly deposited into the beneficiary bank account.
- If student/ candidate is already receiving other scholarship from Central or State government then he/she can’t get benefit of Banishree Scholarship Scheme.
Sanction Process of Odisha Banishree Scholarship
In Rural Areas up to High School Standard, the concerned Block Development Officer will be the Sanction Authority. And Sub- Collector will authorize the Sanction in the case of NAAC areas and Urban areas.
The details filled in the application form by the candidates have to be checked properly by the Concerned Authorities whether they are correct or not.
Disbursement Process under Odisha Banishree Scholarship
- The BDO in rural areas and Sub-collector in Urban areas Coincerned authorities have to verify the details filled in the application form by the candidates and then only the sanction amount of scholarship will be deposited in two installments in the banl amount of students.
- Once the amount gets transfered to the students bank account then BDO nad Sub-collector will publish the utilisation certificate to DSWO (District Social Welfare Officer). Now. the certificates will be submitted to the government by DSWO.
- The scholarship will be given to the students from the month of there admission till the end of academic session.
Eligibility Criteria Under Banishree Scholarship
Check below the eligibility criteria for students who are applying for the Banishree Scholarship Scheme.
- The student applying for the Banishree Scholarship must be the resident of Odisha state.
- The applicant applying for tis scheme must be a regular student from the recognised Institution.
- The scholarship will be given only when the students attends the classes regularly.
- The Family Annual income must not be more than Rs 60,000 per annum.
- If a student is receiving other scholarship from the state or central government then he/she will not be eloigible for this Banishree Scholarship Scheme.
Documents Required To Apply For Banishree Scholarship
- Candidate must have Disability Certificated issued by the medical Board.
- Candidate Family Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Officer.
- Those who belongs to the below poverty line category doesn’t need to submit the Family income certificate.
- Last examination Marksheet attested by a gazetted officer of Institution.
- If candidate is 18 years old above then he/she must open the account with zero balance.
- In case the candidate is below 18 years old then the parent or guardian account details can be submitted.
Offline Application Procedure Of Banishree Scholarship
To apply offline mode then follow the simple steps mention below.
- Candidates thiose who are applying offline they need to visit tge Sub-collector/ Block development officer/ School head/ college/ educational Institutions.
- Now, from there you have collect the Banishree Scholarship form.
- After getting the application form, read the form and fill the required details asked like your name, contact details etc.
- Once you fill all the details in the application form, attached the documents needed.
- Now, at last you need to submit the form to the same place from where you have taken the application form.
Online Application Procedure Of Banishree Scholarship
- Visit the Official website Government of Odisha, social security and empowerment of person with disability department.
- Home page will appear on screen.
- Now click on the Banishree Scholarship.
- Here, you need to select the New application.
- After that, click on Proceed.
- On next page Application form will appear on screen.
- Here you need to fill the Application Form by entering the information asked like
- For the Year
- Nature of Disability
- Aadhar No.
- Date of Birth
- Contact details
- Address details
- Bank account details
- After filling the details now upload the documents asked like front page of passbook, disability certificate, photo and marksheet.
- At last click on the Submit details and take a print copy.
- By following this steps steps carefully you can easily apply for the Banishree Scholarship.
Recommended application from the principal/head of the institution
- Visit the Official Website of Government of Odishaof social security and empowerment of persons with disability department.
- Home page will appear on the screen.
- Now, click on the Banishree Scholarship on Homepage.
- Here you need to click on the recommended application form from the head of Institution/ Principal.
- Click on Proceed button.
- After clicking, you will be redirected to the new page.
- Here in this page you need to enter the Application Number.
- Once you enter the Application Number click on the SEARCH option.
- Your Application Form will dispaly on the screen.
- Now fill the application form and upload the required documents asked.
- Click on the Submit.
- Your form will get submitted.
- By following this steps carefully you can easily apply for the Banishree Scholarship.
Procedure For Departmental Login
- Visit the Official website of Government of Odisha.
- The home page will appear on the screen.
- Now, click on the Department Login.
- New page will appear on screen.
- Now here you need to enter username and password.
- Now, click on Login.
- In this way you can easily do department login.
Procedure To Lodge Grievance
- Visit the Official Website of Government of Odisha, Social security and empowerment of person with disability department.
- Home page will appear on screen.
- Now, click on the Lodge Grievance.
- Now click on Apply Grievance.
- Grievance form will appear on screen.
- Now you need to enter the details asked like Services, address details, contact number, district,name, gender etc.
- After filling the form, click on the SUBMIT button.
- In this way you can easily Lodge a Grievance.
Procedure To Track Grievance Status
- Go to the Official website of Government of Odisha of society security and empowerment of persons with disability.
- Home page will appear on the screen.
- Now click on Lodge Grievance.
- Now click on the Track Grievance Status.
- Next, you have to enter the application Number.
- Click on the SUBMIT button.
- Grievance Status will appear on the screen.
For more update
Banishree Scholarship Odisha (Conclusion)
Banishree scholarship eligibility services and all other information available in this article. Benefits of this portal, important required documents, registration process and banishree form process etc. If you have any issue about this website you can contact on helpline number which is available on Odisha scholarship portal.
Banishree scholarship portal helpline number
State government provide helpline number on official website. If you have any issue or problems regarding Banishri portal Odisha, you can contact on helpline number. They provide email address too. You can contact on helpline number or email which are given below.
Help Line: 18003457150 | 14567
eMail Id: [email protected]
FAQ about Banishree Scholarship
To apply for Odisha Banishree Scholarship there are two ways for applying one is an offline process and another one is online. Check the complete detail for applying Odisha Scholarship discussed by us.
Odisha Scholarship Scheme gives the financial incentive of Rs 100 to Rs 250 per month to the students with special disabilities and other allowance also.
Odisha Scholarship scheme is for children with a special disability who will be benefitted from the scholarship amount in order to develop self-confidence and educate themself to live a better life.