The Central government of India launches many different kinds of schemes for the welfare and improvement of all sections of society. It includes minority women especially those who belong to the economically weaker sections. Recently, the government has launched a new scheme namely the “ Nai Roshani Scheme 2023“.
Nai Roshani Scheme
This scheme provides knowledge, tools, and technology to women so that they can become empowered and self-dependent. Nai Roshani Leadership Development Programme for Minority Women is a central sector scheme for women who belongs to the minority communities in the age group of 18 to 65 years.
This scheme is to empower the minority women, including their neighbors from other communities living in the same village/locality. By providing the tools, knowledge, and techniques for interacting with govt. systems, banks, and other institutions at all levels.
Nai Roshan Scheme runs with the help of NGOs, civil societies, and government institutions all over the country. In this scheme, various training modules are included such as Leadership of women, Educational Programmes, Swachch Bharat, Legal Rights of Women, Health and Hygiene, Financial Literacy, Life Skills, Digital Literacy, and Advocacy for Social and Behavioral change.
Through this article, you will get to know all the important details regarding the Nai Roshani Scheme 2023. Objective, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, and documents required for the online application procedure. All those who want to get the benefit from Nai Roshani Scheme, have to read the complete article till the end.
Quick Highlight on Nai Roshani Scheme
Apply Online Nai Roshani Scheme (NRS) 2023 UPSC: Nai Roshani Yojana (NRY) online New Registration, Login, and Training Schedule. You can also do the Application Form PDF Download, and check the eligibility criteria and beneficiary list. Also check payment/Amount status, features, and benefits. Check the online application status at the official website nairoshni-moma.gov.in. नई रौशनी स्कीम ऑनलाइन आवेदन, रजिस्ट्रेशन फॉर्म, उद्देश्य, पात्रता, लाभ.
नई रौशनी स्कीम Latest News Update
Recently, the Ministry of Minority Affairs informed Rajya Sabha that the Central government has sanctioned Rs.26 crore under the Nai Roshani Scheme. In the last three years (2018-19 to 2020-21) around one lakh, women have been trained.
Before applying for Grant-in-Aid, refer to Notification under Section 7 of Aadhaar Act – for NGOs Schemes
All NGOs are requested to update their Organisation PAN No. along with Aadhaar No. & PAN No. of their Board Members/Office Bearers in the NGO-DARPAN Portal of NITI Aayog viz.(ngodarpan.gov.in), if not done already.
It is compulsory for all NGOs seeking Grant-in-Aid from Nai Roshani to provide the Unique ID (obtained from Niti Aayoge NGO-DARPAN Portal) on Nai Roshani NGO Portal (nairoshni-moma.gov.in).
About Nayi Roshani Scheme 2023
Nai Roshani Scheme 2023 was launched by the Central Government, in order to uplift women belonging to the minority communities of the country. This scheme will provide training to the women of the country to become self-dependent and confident. Nai Roshani Scheme builds up leadership skills in women.
Financial funds are provided to the women of the country. The funds will be provided in installments. Under Nai Roshani Scheme, women will be provided with the necessary knowledge, tools, and techniques for leadership development. Nai Roshani Scheme also focuses on the economic empowerment of women so that they can become independent and confident
Under this scheme, many types of development training modules are included like health and hygiene, economic empowerment, life skills, etc. The training will be given to the women through the training institutes. This will definitely help women to develop self-personality and attitude.
The central Got. has taken a very excellent step by launching the Nai Roshani Scheme, especially for women in our country. Now, they can also become self-dependent, earn their own money and stand alone. Central Govt. every time launches various schemes for women so that they can be helped and skilled.
Under this scheme, proper training will be provided to the women. If you want to apply under the Nai Roshani Scheme, then read the complete article carefully because we have provided all the details regarding the Nayi Roshani Scheme.
Nayi Roshani Scheme Overview
|Name of Scheme||Nai Roshni Scheme (NRS)|
|in Hindi||नई रौशनी स्कीम|
|Launched by||Ministry Of Minority Affairs, Government Of India|
|Beneficiaries||Women Belonging To Minority Community|
|Main Objective||To Provide Training|
|Scheme under||Central Government|
|Name of State||All India|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Main Objective of the Nai Roshani Scheme
Nai Roshani Scheme is Central Government Scheme launched to empower minority women with life skills, basic techniques, and tools. This will help them to interact with the government banks and other institutions on all levels.
The main objective of the Nai Roshani Scheme is to uplift and empower the confidence among the minority women by giving them knowledge, and basic facilities so that they can handle any situation. Under this scheme, the central govt. will provide the various types of training modules for skill and leadership development among women. Financial funds will also be provided to minority women in installments.
Nai Roshani Scheme will go to improve the standard of living of women belonging to minority communities. With the help of this scheme, women will become economically empowered and self-dependent members of society. The scheme is implemented through NGOs, civil societies, and government institutions.
Nai Roshani Scheme helps in fighting against social stigmas like poverty, as all women and children are the most sufferers of poverty. It empowers women to stand up for their rights and helps in growing economically. This scheme has been specially launched by the Indian government for women.
Features of the Nai Roshani Scheme
- NGOs impaneled under the NaiRoshni Scheme will implement the Scheme in accordance with the scheme guidelines.
- Nai Roshani Scheme is implemented through Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs).
- As a result of this program, women will be empowered and enhanced in their confidence, which will enable them to adapt to leadership roles.
- A Gram Panchayat is involved at the village level and a Local Urban Body is involved at the district level in the implementation of the scheme.
Benefits of the Nai Roshani Scheme
Below we have listed the benefits of the Nai Roshani Scheme, check it :
- Nai Roshani Scheme is introduced by the Ministry of Minority Affairs of the Central Government. Under this economic and social assistance is given to the women belonging to the minority community of the country.
- With the help of this scheme, the women will get various training facilities in order to make them strong, confident, and leadership capable.
- Under this scheme, the central government will provide women with knowledge, tools, and techniques through various training programs.
- The scheme provides a 6 days training program followed by handholding for 1 year.
- Women will get training through the proper training institutes.
- Only 25 women get selected in a batch from a village for the training program.
- Along with this, it is compulsory for at least 10% of the total 25 women of a batch must be 10 th class pass or its equivalent.
- The organization is not allowed to submit the proposal for training a group of 5 batches of trainees under the training program. And under this training program, only a maximum of 5 women from a village can be selected.
- Since the inception of the Nai Roshani Scheme 3.37 lakh, women have benefited from this scheme.
- In the year 2016-17, the amount of budget allocation for training was Rs. 1500 lakh, and the amount of expenditure was Rs. 1472 Lakh.
- The budget allocation in 2017-18 for training was increased to Rs. 1700 lakh and expenditure was recorded at Rs. 1519 lakh.
- In the year, 2018-19 Rs. 17 lakh was allocated and Rs. 1383 lakh was spent. And in 2019-20, the amount of allocation was Rs. 1000lakh and the expenditure was Rs. 710 lakh.
- And in the years 2020-21, Rs. 600 lakh was allocated.
Leadership Development Training Modules under Nai Roshni Scheme 2023
- Leadership of women
- Advocacy for social and behavioral changes
- Swachh Bharat
- Legal rights of women
- Life skills
- Health and hygiene
- Educational empowerment
- Nutrition and food safety
- Right to Information
- Economic empowerment of women
- Digital India
- Gender and women
- Women and drudgiri
- Violence against women and girls
- Introduction to government mechanism
Eligibility Of Organisation Under Nai Roshni Scheme
- Residential training must be arranged by an organization with prior experience and resources.
- Training in villages or localities requires reach, motivation, dedication, manpower, and resources
- A residential training course should be offered to eligible women by the selected organization.
- In order to reach the target group, the organization should continuously provide facilitators at their doorsteps
- In the case of universities and institutes of higher learning, this does not preclude their participation in the implementation of the scheme.
- It is necessary for the personnel of the organization to visit the village or locality on a regular basis.
Eligible Organisation Under The Nai Roshani Scheme
- Society registered under the Societies Registration act 1860
- Public trust registered under any law from the time being in force
- Private limited non-profit company registered under section 25 of the Indian companies act 1956
- University/Institution of Higher learning recognized by University grant commission
- Training Institute of Central and state government/union territory administration including Panchayati Raj training institute
- Duly registered cooperative societies of women/self-help groups
- State channelizing agencies of state government
Eligible Women Trainees Under Nai Roshni Scheme
- Women whose family income is Rs. 2.5 lakh or less will given the preference.
- There will be no annual income.
- The age of a woman must be between 18 to 65 years.
- Aadhar card
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Bank account details
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
- 10th or 12th mark sheet
Prescribed Financial Norms Under Nai Roshni Scheme
Details of rates for non-residential leadership development training in village/locality for women
|Items of expenditure for leadership development training program||Number of persons||Rates (Rs)||Duration/units||Total cost (in Rs)|
|Fees/honorarium for engaging faculty members/resource person||2||750||6 days||9000|
|To and fro transportation cost for faculty member/resource person||2||2500||3 occasions||15000|
|Lodging cost for a faculty member||2||500||6 days||6000|
|The hiring of venue furniture and creche facility||1000||6 days||6000|
|Cost of one meal for training women||25||100||6 lunches||15000|
|Cost for using hiring audio-visual aids, participatory training kits, and taking audio-visual clips of different activities of report||2000||6 days||12000|
|Cost of distribution of training material, literature in the local language, and stationery||25||400||One time||10000|
|Allowance or stipend for women||25||100||6 days||15000|
|Cost of motivation, identification, and selection of eligible women||25||50||One time||1250|
|Cost of hand-holding/nurturing by facilitators for project period including concurrent monitoring and reporting||800||Once a month for 12 months||9600|
|Ad agency fees/charges for one batch (25 women) of village training||6000||6000|
Details of rates for residential leadership development training in village or locality for women
|Items of expenditure for leadership development training program||Number of persons||Rate (Rs)||Duration/units||Total Cost (Rs)|
|Includes fees, boarding, food, etc (actuals to be reimbursed)||25||1200||5 days||150000|
|Literature, training, material, information, booklets, copies of government schemes and programs, relevant laws and acts, stationary||25||600||One time||15000|
|Indicative transport expenditure (actuals to be reimbursed)||25||1000||One return trip||25000|
|Allowance/stipend for women (to be electronically transferred into the account of the trainee)||25||150||5 days||18750|
|Cost of motivation, identification and selection of eligible women||25||50||One time||1250|
|Add agency fees/charges for one batch (25 women) of residential training||15000|
Also, check this: Stand Up India Loan Scheme Online apply
Nurturing And Hand Holding Under Non-Residential Training
- For a period of 1 year, the organization will render the post-training services of nurturing and hand holding.
- Those women who have done the leadership development training will be provided this training.
- The facilitators of the organization are required to visit the village or locality in order to assist the empowered women at least once a month, during the period of the project and hold meetings with them.
- Regular meetings will be held with Mahila Mandal, Mahila sabha, and self-help groups.
- The records of attendance, photograph, meetings, etc. will be maintained by the agency.
- There will be a Mahila Mandal, a Mahila Sabha, a Self-Help Group, etc. constituted from the group of trainees.
For Economic Empowerment Of Women Under Non-Residential Training
- The organization is also required to identify women who are willing and are able to be further trained by the organization so that they can obtain sustainable economic employment opportunities.
- Once the identification is done the organization is required to provide short-term training to the selected women.
- After completing the training, women will be supported to get suitable wage employment or to be self-employed as sole proprietors.
- Women will be also assisted on the marketing platforms by the organization.
- The women will be provided an amount of Rs. 1500 per head, whoever undergoes the training.
- 50% payment will be made on receipt of the Employment letter or documentary proof of self-employment.
- Payment of 50% will be released after submission of three regular salary slips of benefited women in wage employment or documentary proof of income for self-employed women.
Target Group And Distribution Under Nai Roshni Scheme
- Women who belong to the minority community ie., Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Parsi, and Jain.
- Under this scheme, non-minority community women will also get benefited up to a maximum limit of 25% of the project proposal.
- Women from SC, ST, OBC, women with disabilities, and other communities will be represented within the 25% group by the organization.
- Also, the organization will make an effort to persuade elected women representatives from Panchayati raj institutions to enroll as trainees.
Eligibility Criteria For Selection Of Organisation
- Registered organizations with a minimum three-year history of operation should be eligible.
- In the last three years, the organization should not have had a deficit account.
- Annual audited accounts for the last three years must be uploaded by the organization.
- It is recommended that the organization had previously undertaken at least one project exclusively focused on women’s development.
- It is recommended that at least three key personnel in the organization be graduates or have at least a graduate diploma.
- Preference will be given to local ground-level organizations that are certified by the district collector or urban local authority.
- No member of the organization or any of its leaders should have been convicted of a crime.
- There should not have been any blacklisting by government agencies or departments
- An affidavit certified by a notary must be provided.
- In case an organization is providing residential training and then the organization must have all the requisite residential boarding facilities, which must be sufficient for at least 25 trainees.
- The secretary can give the relaxation in selection criteria if a sufficient number of applications from the Project implementing agency from the Himalayan area, inaccessible terrain, northeast state, or union territories are not received.
Economic Empowerment For Handicapped Minority Women
- Physically handicapped minority women are identified and the organization will provide some training so that they can get some employment.
- This includes stitching, sanitary napkin making, broom making, embroidery, pickle/papad making, mushroom farming, Dona pattal making, and many more activities.
- The organization will also teach them saving habits with knowledge of sharing on bank transactions.
- The special training program duration will be of 1 to 3 months.
- Training includes 1-month training and linkage with the local market to sell their produce.
- It is also necessary to provide the Ministry with a list of the handicapped women as well as a copy of their certificates and the trade in which they will receive training.
- The ministry is going to provide Rs. 10000 per month for the program.
- Fund will be given in 2 installments.
- The organization will release 50% of the payment after receiving a list of physically handicraft women and their certificates and trade.
- After completing training and confirming women’s economic empowerment, 50% of the payment will be released.
Nai Roshani Agency Fees/Charges For Organisation
- The agency must submit proposals through the online application management system.
- A minimum of five batches of village or locality level training should be proposed.
- The organization will be entitled to Rs 6000 per batch for non-residential training in the village or urban locality for services rendered to ensure the project is implemented properly and successfully.
- The agency fee for residential training will be Rs 15000 per batch of trainees.
Concurrent Monitoring And Reporting
- Organizations are required to submit the monthly or quarterly progress report and project completion report to the Ministry of Minority Affairs in the prescribed format.
- The report is also needed to be submitted to the state and district administrator(if required by the Ministry).
- It is also important for the organization to send pictures of all important aspects of the training program via mobile devices that are capable of receiving global positioning signals.
Types Of Training Under Nai Roshni Scheme
There are 2 types of training that will be taken under the Nai Roshani Scheme, check below for more details:
Non-residential leadership development training
- A total of 25 women in one batch will receive leadership training as part of this program who are dedicated, motivated, and committed to working for the betterment and welfare of minority communities.
- There should be at least 10% of the batch of 25 women who have passed a class 10th or its equivalent.
- Women who have passed class 10th will be relaxed to class 5 if they are not readily available.
- The training program does not allow organizations to submit proposals for 5 batches of trainees.
- To obtain sustainable economic livelihood opportunities, trainee women will also have the option of undergoing short-term skill training after training is complete.
Residential leadership development training
- A total of 25 women will be trained under residential leadership development training.
- Under this training program, no more than 5 women from a single village will get selected.
- At least, a woman must have a class 12th certificate or its equivalent.
- In the case of women having class, 12th certificate is not available easily then there will be relaxation to class 10th.
- Once after taking the advanced training, the women can become community-based leaders in the village.
Workshop Under Nai Roshni Scheme
- A half-day workshop has to be organized by the training organization in collaboration with the district collector/deputy commissioner/sub-divisional officer/ Block Development Officer.
- The workshop will be organized with the government functionaries, bankers including Panchayati Raj functionaries, etc at the district/sub-divisional/block level, etc.
- In the case of a single district, if more than one organization is approved for implementing the scheme, then the district administrator will hand over the responsibility of holding the workshop to one of the selected organizations.
- The government functionaries will inform the remedial action which will be sought by the group of women and how to be responsive in addressing the problems and grievances.
- A maximum amount of Rs. 125000 will be disbursed by the Ministry of Minority Affairs for holding such workshops.
- This will be the responsibility of the selected organization to ensure that the other organization will also participate in the workshop.
- Other than this, the Ministry of Minority Affairs can also conduct a workshop for sensitizing the PIAs and beneficiaries to create awareness of the scheme related to self-employment, wage employment, experiences, and many more.
Training Conducted Under Nai Roshni Scheme
Under Nai Roshani Scheme there are two types of training.
Organizations need to carry out nurturing and hand holding for a period of 1 year under non-residential training to ensure that the women can become independent.
The facilitators who are involved in nurturing and handholding services need to visit the village or urban locality within the stipulated time and carry out their assignments.
The training will be as follow:
Non-residential training in village/urban locality:
- This training will be for 6 days.
- By using the existing facilities or rented permanent structure the training will be conducted in the village or locality.
- Each day will be of 6 hours.
- The batch will consist of 25 women.
- It will be the responsibility of the organization to take care that the dates of training are fixed, to avoid any religious festival occasion and demands of the season.
- The organization has to provide the printed training material in the local language.
- Selected women trainees will also be given allowance with a meal and creche arrangement for their children.
- For the women who do not have a bank account, then the implementing agency would open their bank accounts and transfer the stipend amount into their bank.
- The trainers must be able to deliver their inputs in the local language of the area. Two third of the trainer engaged in the payment must be a women
Residential leadership development training
- The institute must have a boarding and lodging facility for at least 25 women.
- The training duration will be of 5 days.
- Each day will be of 7 hours.
- The batch must be of 25 trainees.
- The organization has to provide printing training material in the local language.
- It will be the responsibility of the organization to take care that the dates of training are fixed to avoid any religious festival occasion and demand season.
- The entire fees of training will be covered by the scheme.
- An allowance will be provided to the trainee for the duration of the training period.
- For women who don’t have bank accounts then the implementing agency needs to open their bank account and transfer the stipend amount to their bank.
Funds Released Under Nai Roshni Scheme
For non-residential village/urban locality training:
- Training will begin with 50% of the approved project cost released before the start of training.
- Additionally, this release will cover the costs of training and allowances.
- Upon request, one lump sum amount along with the first installment will be released if the organization decides to hold a workshop
- Once the utilization certificate is submitted along with an audited statement of accounts, a certificate of satisfactory completion of the training course is signed by the trainee and countersigned by the head of the Panchayat/Municipal body/local authority, and another document is required as per the guidelines.
- 40% of the approved project cost/admissible cost incurred on conducting the training program will be released.
- Documents will be submitted through the portal.
- 10% of the approved project cost will be released after the completion report, hand-holding and nurturing details are submitted countersigned by the head of the panchayat, municipality, or local authority, and other documents are submitted as per guidelines.
- You will be able to submit these documents through the portal.
Economic Empowerment Payment Mode For Women Under Non-Residential Training
- A 50% payment will be made on receipt of a letter of employment or documentary evidence of self-employment.
- A 50% payment will be released after the submission of three regular salary slips for wage workers and three months’ documentary evidence of self-employment for self-employed women.
- It will also be endorsed along with the submission of the success story.
Electronic Fund Transfer
- The funds will get transferred electronically by the bank.
- A letter of authorization from the payee containing full details of the organization’s E payment is required for enabling E payment through PFMS.
- To avoid incorrect crediting of Stipend, the authorization letter must be uploaded to the portal in the prescribed format and countersigned by the manager of the bank branch.
- Organizations are responsible for providing correct account numbers.
Process To Apply Under Nai Roshni Scheme
- First of all visit the official website of an online application management system.
- The official homepage will appear on the screen.
- Here, you need to click on the new user registration under the Login section.
- After that click on the “Proceed” option.
- You will get redirected to a new page.
- On this page, you need to enter all the details asked.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Next, click on the “Submit” option.
- In this way, you can apply under the Nai Roshani Scheme.
How To Login On The Nai Roshani Portal
- Visit the official website of the online application management system.
- The homepage will get open before you.
- Now under the login section, enter your username, password, and captcha code.
- After that click on the login option.
- In this way, you can log in to the Nai Roshani Scheme portal.
Process To Give Feedback
- Visit the official website of an online application management system.
- The home page will open before you.
- Next click on the feedback option.
- The feedback form will appear before you.
- You need to enter all the required details in the feedback form.
- Now click on submit option.
- By following this procedure you can give feedback.
- Helpline -1800-11-2001 (Toll-Free)
- Email- pmu[dot]nairoshni-mma[at]gov[dot]in
Get More Update on
1. Organizations are required to register on the online application management system portal.
2. Organizations can register only once.
3. The registration will be done through a one-time password gateway on the registered mobile number of the organization.
The women belonging to the minority community in the age group of 18 to 65 years.
Advocacy for Social and Behavioral Change
Health and Hygiene
Leadership of Women
Legal Rights to Women
The main objective of the Nai Roshni Scheme 2023 is to empower and instill confidence among minority women by providing them with knowledge, tools, and techniques for interacting with government systems, banks, and other institutions at all levels.