PM Matsya Sampada Yojana Apply Online 2024 | PMMSY Application Form | Pradha Mantri Sampada Yojana PDF | PMMSY Eligibility | PM Matsya Sampada Yojana Online | प्रधान मंत्री मत्स्य सम्पदा योजना
The government of India under the guidance of Hon’ble Prime Minister ” Shri Narendra Modi ” had launched a new flagship scheme which is termed ” Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY). On 10th September 2020 this scheme was launched by the Prime Minister.
A substantial investment of Rs. 20,050 crores for the holistic development of Fisheries in the Country has been done. PMMSY is trying to mark the historically largest investment in the Fisheries sector. The main aim behind introducing the PMMSY scheme is to drive ecologically healthy, economically viable, and socially inclusive growth.
The PMMSY Scheme is implemented across the country over a period of 5 years. In order to attain and add fish production of 70 Lakh tons. To double the fisheries export to Rs.1,00,000 crores and to generate 50 lakh employment opportunities for socio-economic development. Fisheries and Aquaculture are a very essential sources of food, nutrition, employment, and income in India. This sector helps in providing 16 million fishers and fish farmers at the primary level.
In this article, we will be sharing all the important details regarding Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana. We have given how you can apply for PMMSY, and what is the PMMSY eligibility criteria. PMMSY benefits will be provided to all beneficiaries. Read the complete article to get each and every piece of information in detail.
Quick Highlight on Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
प्रधानमंत्री मत्स्य संपदा योजना 2024 Apply Online: e-Gopala App Download and Install. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) PIB 2024 apply online by visiting the official web portal. You can also do the PM Matsya Sampada Scheme Online Registration. Also, check the PMMSY Application form, what are the eligibility criteria for PMMSY. Procedure to check the PM Mantri Matsya Application status.
प्रधानमंत्री मत्स्य संपदा योजना 2024 Latest News and Update
Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi has launched a scheme which is known as “Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana. This particular scheme is developed for employment, ecologically healthy and economically viable.
Due to this scheme around 55 lakh people are expected to get employment under this scheme PMMSY. The PMMSY is implemented in all the States and Union Territories for a period of 5 years from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
With this scheme, the plant will be able to produce an additional 70 lakh tonnes of fish over the next five years. Fish exports will double to Rs 1,00,000 crore.
About Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana PMMSY
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is a flagship project which is introduced for the improvement in the fisheries section of India. This scheme is basically based on Aatma Nirbhar Bharat. PMMSY is launched for a time duration of 5 years from 2020-25.
The overall expense of PMMSY is about Rs. 20050 crores in all states and Union Territories. Fisheries and aquaculture is the main source of nutrition, employment, and income generator in India. This sector generally contributes around 1.24% GVA to the national economy and 7.28% to the Agriculture GVA.
In terms of reducing hunger and malnutrition, fish is one of the healthiest options because it is affordable and abundant in animal protein.
On September 10, 2020, PM Modi practically launched the PM Matsya Sampada Yojana after realizing the scope and importance of the sector. Despite many critical gaps in productivity, management, quality, and technology in the fisheries industry, this scheme aims to promote sustainable development in the sector.
There has been tremendous growth in the fisheries sector over the last few years, providing huge development potential. Taking advantage of that potential, PMMSY aims to reach even bigger goals in the sector.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Overview
|Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
|प्रधानमंत्री मत्स्य संपदा योजना
|fish production and productivity
|Improving fishing channels and supporting fisherman
Main Objective/ Mission of PMMSY
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana is designed for critical gaps in fish production and productivity, technology, quality, post-harvest infrastructure, and management. Also for establishing a robust fisheries management framework and fishers’ welfare. It helps in strengthening the value of the chain and traceability.
PMMSY is also known as an umbrella scheme that has two different components (i) Central Sector Scheme [CS] and (ii) a Centrally Sponsored Scheme [CSS].
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is implemented in all states and Union Territories for a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25.
PMMSY scheme is approved with a total estimated investment of Rs. 20.050 crores which comprises of Central share of Rs. 9407 crores, a State Share of Rs. 4880 crores, and Beneficiaries contribution of Rs. 5763 crores.
The main objective of PMSY is to harness the potential of the fisheries section in a responsible, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable manner. The enhancement of fish production and productivity through diversification, expansion, and productive utilization of land and water.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
A scheme with Rs. 20,000 crores has been introduced by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman for the development of the entire fishery community in India. The plan is to highlight the development of the food preparation portion in the nation as well as improvement in fish formation and elevation, widening and beneficial use of land and water.
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana Targets
Below are the Targets of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana that need to be done, check the following targets mention for more details.
Addition of Economic Value
- In order to reduce the post-harvest loss from the reported 20-25% to near about 10%.
- Double the export earnings to Rs. 1,00,000 crores by 2024-25 from Rs. 46,589 crores in 2018-19.
- Supporting private investments and increasing entrepreneurship in the fisheries sector.
- The fishing sector’s contribution to the Agriculture GVA is expected to increase from 7.28 percent in 2018-19 to 9 percent by 2024-25.
Fish Production and Productivity
- Achieving an increase in domestic fish consumption from 5 kg to 12 kg per person.
- By 2024-25, fish production will increase from 13.75 million metric tons in 2018-19 to 22 million metric tons.
- Increase the aquaculture productivity to 5 tons per hectare from the current 3 tons average across the nation.
Enhancing Income and Employment Generation
- The value chain is expected to support 55 lakh jobs direct and indirect.
- It will double the income available to fishers and fish farmers.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Launched
Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi on 10th September 2020, officially launched the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana through video conferencing. This yojana was launched in the presence of the Governor and Chief Minister of Bihar and along with the Union Minister and MoS for fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
From the period 2020-21 to 2024-25 estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crores is going to be spent by the Government. Out of which Rs. 12340 crores will be for beneficiary-oriented activities in Marine, Aquaculture, and Inland Fisheries. And Rs. 7710 crores will be for Fisheries infrastructure and development. Following we have discussed the major aim of the govt. behind this scheme:
- Increase the fisheries export earnings to Rs. 1,00,000 crore.
- The fisheries sector and related agricultural activities created an additional 55 lakh opportunities for gainful employment.
- Increasing fish production by 70 lakh tonnes by 2024-25.
- Reduce post-harvest losses from 20-25% to 10%.
- Double the income of Fishers and fish.
e-Samadhan Scheme Launching
Animal and Fisheries Minister Mr. Mukesh Sahani on 8 August 2021 reviewed the fisheries education including the extension activities which are taken in the fisheries college located at Arrabari of Pothia block. The main head of the college welcomed the Minister and provided the complete information. About the activities which are taking in college also including the future activity plans.
Mr. Mukesh Sahani from college auditorium has launched the e-samadhan scheme and emphasizes the problems related to the fish farmers will be resolved. With the help of this scheme, problem of fish farming will be overcome by using the communication media.
Matsya Sampada Yojana Beneficiaries
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has introduced the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana in order to increase the income of Fishermen. Each and every fisherman in the country can apply for this scheme.
Following are the beneficiaries who can avail the advantage of this scheme:
- Fish Farmers
- Fish workers and fish vendors
- State Fisheries Development Boards (SFDB)
- SCs/STs/Women/Differently abled persons
- Fisheries Federations
- State Government/UTs and their entities including
- Fisheries Development Corporations
- Self help groups (SHGs)/Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in fisheries sector
- Entrepreneurs and private firms
- Fisheries cooperatives
- Central Government and its entities
- Fish Farmers Producer Organization/Companies (FFPOs/Cs)
Beginning of Certificate Course in Fisheries Education
In order to promote and increase the Fisheries Central and State Government had introduced many different kinds of scheme. Now, the farmers of Bihar state can export the fish to other states and complete the consumption of fish in other state.
In addition to the fisheries college in Arrabari, the state has also provided the fishery college with facilities that allow students to learn about fishing. In all fisheries colleges located in Arrabari, courses for fisheries education certification will be provided this year. The government will shortly finish developing manpower and other resources. The college has already set goals for the future.
PMMSY Bihar Information
Approximately 3 lakh tonnes of additional fish production will be achieved with the additional investment of Rs 1390 crore, composed of a central share of Rs 535 crores. Project costs have been approved by the state government for the main components for this financial year at Rs 107.00 crore.
- Construction of new ponds for aquaculture
- Refrigerated Vehicles
- Finfish Hatcheries
- Cycle with ice box
- Three-wheeler with ice box
- Motor cycle with ice box
- Ice plants
- Establishments of Re-circulatory Aquaculture System (RAS)
- Fish feed plants
- Installations of cages in reservoirs/wetlands
- Ornamental fish culture units
- Construction of Bioflow ponds for aquaculture
- Extension and support services (Matsya Seva Kendra)
- Snow Plants
- Establishment of a Brook Bank
Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- The main target of the scheme is to enhance or increment horticulture, abatement of agrarian waste, and modernize handling. The administration has proposed the PMMSY to build a powerful fishery board structure and check holes in the worth chain.
- It has been released by the government that India can possibly become the world’s primary producer of fish via Blue Revolution or Neeli Kranti. This covers MoFPI’s plans, including food parks, food safety, and infrastructure.
- Address the critical gaps in the fisheries sector and realize its potential.
- Doubling of fishers, fish farmers, and fish workers’ incomes by 2024.
- Enhancing fish seed and feed availability and improving traceability in aquatic animals as well as managing aquatic health effectively.
Other inaugurations connected to the Fisheries sector
- Setting up a fish brood bank at Sitamarhi
- A fish feed mill is inaugurated at Madhepura under the Blue Revolution initiative.
- Establishment of the Comprehensive Fish Production Technology Centre at the Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa, Bihar.
- At Kishanganj, an aquatic disease referral laboratory has been established.
- Under the Blue Revolution, two units of ‘Fish on Wheels’ assisted in Patna.
Below are the statistics that have been uploaded and maintained by the Fisheries Department. The following data is provided as per the official data uploaded as of 06/01/2021.
|Participating State/ UTs
|Anticipated employment & Beneficiaries impacted
|(Approx.) 7 lacs
Funding Pattern of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana falls under two sections of scheme. Funding of the scheme is implemented by these components only. Check below two components mention :
- Central Sector Scheme (CS)
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS)
Central Sector Scheme (CS)
- Total budget of the project will be paid by the central government. Beneficiary don’t need to pay a single rupee for the scheme.
- In case of beneficiary-oriented activities which is taken by the NFDB, the central govt. will provide financial assistance up to 40% and 60% of the project cost to General category and SC/ST/Women. Beneficiaries will be responsible for paying the rest of the amount.
Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS)
Non-Beneficiary Oriented: CSS Components and state/UTs sub-components will pay the project cost. The project cost will be shared between the central and state government. Below is the funding pattern, check it :
|Funding Ratio (Centre : State)
|90 : 10
|North East and the Himalayan States
|60 : 40
|100 : 1
- Beneficiaries Oriented : Both central and state government will provide the financial help up to 40% and 60% of the entire project cost to the General category, SC/ST/Women, and rest of the cost will be divided into following ratios.
|Funding Ratio (Centre : State)
|90 : 10
|North East and Himalayan States
|60 : 40
|100 : 1
Funding pattern for Livelihood and Nutritional Support Activity
An annual income of Rs. 3,000/- will be granted to the beneficiaries which is enrolled under the activity “Livelihood & Nutritional support for socio-economically backward, active traditional fishers” families for conservation of fisheries resources during fish ban/lead period. Each enrolled fishers need to contribute an annual income of Rs. 1500/- of its own towards the activity. Funding pattern for such kinds of fishers are described below:
Detailed Funding Pattern for PMMSY
Below we have mention a detailed funding pattern and contributions of each sector for successful implementation of the scheme:
Features of PM Matsya Sampada Scheme
Fishing sector will be revolutionized by Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana. This initiative will improve infrastructure and provide financial assistance as well as bringing the latest technology to the region. It will help in gain hardworking fishermen immensely.
PMMSY main objective is to encourage the horticulture, handle and destroy agricultural waste and increase the capacity in fishery sectors.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is created for poweful fishery board structure and to check holes in the value chain. Governmet has clearly said that “Blue Revolution” or “Neeli Kranti” can achieve the primary spot on the planet in fish section.
PM Matsya Sampada Eligibility Criteria
PMMSY has introduced in order to avail the benefit to fisheries in our country. In order to apply for the PMMSY the beneficiary must be above 18 years. Check below the eligibility criteria of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana.
Eligibility Criteria for Livelihood and Nutritional Support activity
There is certain eligibility criteria for those beneficiary who comes under the activity “Livelihood & nutritional support for socio-economically backward, active traditional fishers ” working to conserve the fishing at the time of fish lean/ban period are as follow:
|1) Must be full-time active fisher.
|2) It should be an active member of a functional local fishers cooperative society or Federation.
|3) Must fall under the category of BPL (Below Poverty Line)
|4) Age: 18-60 years
|5) It must deposit Rs. 1500/- as savings in the bank over a period of 9 months of the fishing season
States/UTs must maintain the records of all documentary evidence which includes details like the course of ban, enrolled beneficiaries, their category and contribution made. They have to pass the same information to the Department of Fisheries.
Effect of PMSSY on fisheries
- PMMSY will have the following mention impact on the fisheries community in India:-
- This Yojana will helps in increasing the consumption of domestic fish from 5-6 kg to about 12 kg per person.
- It will help to increase the fish production from 137.58 lakh metric ton (2018-19) to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024.
- Scheme will helps in improving the productivity in aquaculture from the current national average of 3 tonnes to around 5 tonnes per hectare.
- This scheme will maintain an average annual growth of about 9% in fish production.
- Post-harvest crop loss will be reported from 20-25% to 10%.
- This scheme will helps in creating around 55 lakh direct and indirect employment opportunities in fisheries sector.
- This plan will be implemented by 2024-25, it will double the export earnings from Rs. 4,689 crore (2018-19) to near about Rs. 1,00,000 crore.
Implementation of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
Total investment of Rs.20050 crores has been estimated for the successful implementation of PMMSY. Since this scheme works under two components therefore the amount is shared between both state and central government. CS component contributes Rs. 1720 crores and CSS component shares Rs. 18330 crore is segregated into the central share (Rs. 7687 crore) , state share (Rs. 4880 crore) and private or beneficiary share of Rs. 5763 crore.
PMMSY Online Registration Process
We all know that Central Government has launched the Pradhanmantri Matsya Sampada Yojana for Fishermen of our country.The main aim of this scheme is to develop the fishery sector in India. Near about 29 benefits will be given under this PMMSY scheme to all beneficiary.
Grand cost of 60% of unit cost will be provided to SC/ST/Women, while 40% of unit cost will be given to other categories. All interested beneficiaries who want to apply for Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana can apply by visiting the official website.
- According to Fisheries department officer Chitranjan Kumar, the application process to apply for the scheme is very easy.
- Beneficiary need to visit the official web portal of PMMSY. Then the applicant need to submit the form and upload all the required documents asked.
- Also beneficiary need to prepare for his own SCP-DPR and submit along with the application form.
- DPR and SCP cost will be higher than the unit cost, but grant will be provided as per the unit cost.
- Template to prepare DPR can be downloaded from the official web portal.
About e-Gopala App
Prime Minister himself tweeted about the e-Gopala App and said that the app will provide a comprehensive breed improvement market and information portal for hardworking farmers. This is a great effort made by the government, which will benefit the agricultural sector in huge manner.
- This app will be the direct use of farmers. Currently there is no digital platform available for the farmers managing livestock in the country.
- Through this app, farmers will be provided with information about artificial insemination, animal first aid, vaccination, treatment, etc.
- As well as this, the app will also provide information regarding vaccination schedules, pregnancy diagnosis, calming techniques, etc., as well as government campaigns and initiatives.
- Farmers can find solutions for all these issues through the e-Gopala app.
For more update
PMMSY Scheme (Conclusion)
In this article we will provide all the information of PMMSY online apply 2024 also we will give all the information about these scheme such as how to apply pmmsy scheme online, benefits of this scheme, purpose, and all other information are available in this article. If you have any query about this scheme you can contact on toll free number which are available on official portal.
The PMMSY is an umbrella scheme with two separate components namely
(a) Central Sector Scheme (CS) and (b) Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
The Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) Component is further segregated
into Non-beneficiary oriented and beneficiary-orientated subcomponents/activities under the following three broad heads:
(i) Enhancement of Production and Productivity
(ii) Infrastructure and Post-Harvest Management
(iii) Fisheries Management and Regulatory Framework
PMMSY will be implemented in all the States and Union Territories for a period of 5(five)
years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25.
Yes, PMMSY has schemes for development of RAS and Bio floc culture
technologies. Under the component technology infusion and adaptation,
Sl.No. 5.1 to 5.4 (page number 120 to 122) are the schemes for development
of RAS and Bio floc culture technologies.
This scheme brings revolution through sustainable and responsible development by addressing the critical infrastructure gap in the fisheries sector.
Fish Farmers, Fisheries, Fish workers vendors, SS/ST/Women/Differently abled person, cooperatives, SHG/JLG, FDO, and others.