KV Fee | KVS Fees | Union Bank KV Fees Receipt | KV School Fee | Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees | KVS Fee Receipt | Online Fee Payment | KV Fee Login | KVS Fee Structure For Class 1
Kendriya Vidyalayas, also known as KV schools, are a system of central government schools in India. They were established under the aegis of the Ministry of Education, Government of India. With the aim of providing quality education to the children of government employees who are frequently transferred across the country. Over the years, Kendriya Vidyalayas have earned a reputation for their academic excellence, holistic development programs, and affordable education.
Education is the cornerstone of personal and societal growth, and it plays a vital role in shaping the future of individuals and nations alike. In India, Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV) have emerged as renowned educational institutions. Which provides quality education to students across the country.
However, one important aspect that parents and guardians consider before enrolling their children in Kendriya Vidyalayas is the fee structure. This article explores the intricacies of Kendriya Vidyalaya fees, including their structure, factors affecting them, fee concessions, payment methods, and the associated challenges and controversies.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees 2023-2024
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has implemented a quarterly fee payment system for students in classes 1 through 12. To provide convenience, both online and offline modes of payment are accepted for Kendriya Vidyalaya tuition fees. Starting in July 2023, an online portal will be launched specifically for the payment of first-quarter fees for Kendriya Vidyalayas.
To facilitate online fee payment for the 2023 academic year, students and parents can visit the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan at kvsangathan.nic.in. The website offers a dedicated platform for submitting school fees online. In addition to this, individuals have the option to make online fee payments using Internet banking through their Union Bank of India account, ensuring a hassle-free process.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme (SGC) Apply Online
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fee Overview 2023-2024
|Name of Organization||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|School Location||PAN India|
|Mode of Admission||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online and Offline|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Admission Portal||Click Here|
What is Kendriya Vidyalaya?
Kendriya Vidyalayas are a system of central government schools in India under the Ministry of Education. These schools are known for their adherence to academic excellence, holistic development, and the promotion of national integration. Kendriya Vidyalayas follow the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum and provide education from primary to higher secondary levels.
Importance of education and fees
Education is widely recognized as the key to personal growth, career prospects, and a better quality of life. While education is a fundamental right, it requires resources to ensure the provision of high-quality infrastructure, competent faculty, and comprehensive learning resources. Thus, fees play a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing the educational standards of Kendriya Vidyalayas.
What are KV Fees?
KV fees refer to the charges levied by Kendriya Vidyalayas for various services and facilities provided to students. These fees help support the maintenance and development of the schools’ infrastructure, along with meeting other operational expenses.
It is important to note that KV fees are significantly lower compared to private schools, making them accessible to a wider segment of society.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees Structure Details
It is essential for students to note that the KV admission fee must be paid during the first quarter following admission to the Kendriya Vidyalaya. The fee schedule for Kendriya Vidyalaya is outlined as follows:
- Quarter Fee: The quarter fee, also known as the tuition fee, is collected by KVS on a quarterly basis in January, April, July, and October. Students have the option to pay the annual or academic year fee in advance, allowing them to pay for the entire academic year at once. This advance fee payment is only applicable during the months of January, April, July, and October.
- Arrears: Students have the provision to pay arrears, which represent the fee amount for a single academic year. Arrears can be paid in subsequent months following the missed payments or in conjunction with the fee payment for the following quarter.
- New Entrance Fee: The new entrance fee must be paid within the first three months of enrollment at Kendriya Vidyalaya. This fee is applicable to new students joining the school.
Additionally, students are required to pay the Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (VVN) fee, which is allocated towards the improvement and development of the specific Kendriya Vidyalaya.
KV Fees Structure Details 2023-24
|Registration Fees||-Rs. 100|
|Admission Fees||-Rs. 25|
|Tuition Fees||– Rs. 200 per month (for male students of class 9th to 10th only)Rs. -300 per month (for male students of class 11th, 12th (Commerce & Humanities)|
-Rs. 400 per month (for male students of class 11th to 12th (Science students))
|Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi Fund||– Rs. 500 per month (for 1st to 10th and for 11th, 12th Commerce & Humanities)|
-Rs. 500 per month (11th, 12th Science)
|Computer Fees||– Rs. 100 per month (for 1st to 12th)|
– Rs. 150 per month (for Computer Science students in Class 11th and 12th Science)
Please note that as per the Kendriya Vidyalaya policy, the single girl child is exempted from paying any kind of fee.
KVS School Fee Structure 2023-24
Below is the fee structure table for Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1 (MR Campus) in Ahmedabad for the academic year 2022-23, including admission, tuition, and computer fees. The fee collection for the second quarter has already been completed following the guidelines provided by the Union Bank of India (UBI). The payment for the third quarter will commence in August, and students can make payments until September.
|Admission Fee in KV|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 25|
|Re-Admission Fee||Rs 100|
|Tuition Fee in KV|
|Class IX & X (Boys)||Rs 200|
|Class XI & XII Commerce & Humanities (Boys)||Rs 300|
|Class XI & XII Science (Boys)||Rs.400|
|Computer Fund in KV|
|Class III onwards wherever Computer Education is being imparted||Rs 100|
|Computer Science Fee. (for elective subjects) + 2 stage||Rs 150|
|Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (Classes I – XII)||Rs. 500|
Primary to Senior Secondary Students Fee Structure
|Class||Admission Fee||Tuition Fee||Yearly Development Charges|
|Senior Secondary Students||25||400||600|
KV Fee for Girl Student
- In Kendriya Vidyalayas, there is a special provision for all girl students from Class 1 to Class 12. They are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- This initiative aims to encourage the education of girls and promote gender equality. However, it’s important to note that girl students are still required to contribute to the computer fund and VVN (Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi).
- These contributions play a crucial role in supporting the development and maintenance of computer facilities and overall school infrastructure, ensuring a conducive learning environment for all students.
- By exempting girls from tuition fees and emphasizing their participation in the computer fund and VVN contribution. Kendriya Vidyalayas strives to provide equal educational opportunities and empower girls to excel academically.
KV Fee for Children of KVS Employees
- Children studying in Kendriya Vidyalayas from class 1 to class 12 are exempted from paying tuition fees if their parents are employed in Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
- However, they are required to pay computer fees and contribute to the VVN Nidhi (Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi).
Fee for Children of Army & Paramilitary Personnel
- Children of Armed Forces Personnel are exempted from paying tuition fees and VVN Nidhi (Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi).
- However, they are required to pay computer funds. This exemption applies to children of officers and men of the armed forces and paramilitary personnel who were either killed or disabled during the hostilities in 1962, 1965, 1971, and 1999.
- Additionally, it extends to the children of Defence Personnel of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka and personnel of the armed forces who were either killed or disabled in “Operation Meghdoot” in the Siachen area and “Operation Vijay” in Kargil.
KV Fee for Single Girl Child
- An important aspect to note is that all single girl students studying in classes 6 to 12 are exempted from paying any fees, including tuition fees, computer funds, and VVN (Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi) contributions.
- This exemption is specifically provided to support and encourage the education of single girl students and reduce the financial burden on their families.
- By waiving these fees, Kendriya Vidyalayas aim to promote gender equality and ensure equal access to education for all.
KV Fee for SC/ST Students
- In Kendriya Vidyalayas, students belonging to SC/ST categories are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- They are required to pay the computer fee and VVN Nidhi charges along with other students. This exemption aims to promote inclusivity and ensure that students from marginalized communities have equal access to education without the financial burden of tuition fees.
Fee for Children of Diseased Army & Paramilitary Personnel
- Children of deceased Armed Forces Personnel are granted an exemption from paying all types of fees in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- This exemption also extends to the children of Armed Forces and Para Military Forces personnel whose parents were killed, declared missing, or permanently disabled during any counter-insurgency operation in India or abroad.
- However, it is important for the children to provide a certificate granted by the concerned Ministry as proof of their eligibility for this concession.
KV Fee for Disabled Children
All disabled children are exempted from tuition fees and VVN Nidhi as per the instructions issued by KVS on 15.10.2009.
KV Fee for Poverty Children
Families who fall below the poverty line, have a maximum of two children and possess BPL cards, are eligible for an exemption from paying tuition fees and VVN Nidhi in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
CBSE Training Portal Free Registration
Importance of KV Fees
KV fees are significantly lower compared to private schools, making quality education accessible to a wider segment of society. This affordability ensures that students from diverse backgrounds can receive an education without excessive financial burden on their families.
- Sustainability of KVs:
The funds generated through fees play a crucial role in maintaining and developing the infrastructure of Kendriya Vidyalayas. These funds help in providing better classrooms, libraries, laboratories, sports facilities, and other resources essential for a conducive learning environment.
- Teacher Salaries and Staff Support:
KV fees contribute to the payment of teachers’ salaries and staff support. By ensuring regular and fair remuneration for the dedicated teaching and non-teaching staff, KVs can attract and retain qualified educators who play a vital role in providing quality education.
- Educational Resources:
KV fees help cover the cost of educational resources such as textbooks, reference materials, digital tools, and technological equipment necessary for modern-day teaching and learning. Access to these resources enhances the educational experience of students, enabling them to stay updated with the latest knowledge and technologies.
- Extracurricular Activities:
Fees contribute to organizing extracurricular activities, including sports events, cultural programs, competitions, and field trips. These activities foster holistic development, promote creativity, teamwork, and leadership skills, and provide opportunities for students to showcase their talents beyond academics.
- Maintenance and Upkeep:
KV fees assist in the maintenance and regular upkeep of school facilities. This includes repairs, renovations, cleanliness, and ensuring a safe and healthy environment for students. Well-maintained premises create a positive atmosphere conducive to learning and contribute to the overall well-being of students.
- Professional Development:
Fees can be utilized for organizing workshops, seminars, and training programs for teachers. These professional development opportunities enhance the teaching skills and expertise of educators, enabling them to deliver high-quality education and stay updated with the latest teaching methodologies and practices.
- Community Engagement:
KV fees support various initiatives that foster community engagement. This includes organizing parent-teacher meetings, and involvement in social welfare activities. And establishing strong bonds between the school, parents, and the local community. Such engagement creates a collaborative environment and reinforces the importance of education within the community.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees 2023 Payment Dates
|KV Fees 2023 for 1st quarter||May 2023|
|KV Fees 2023 for 2nd quarter||01 July 2023 to 15 July 2023|
|KV Fees 2023 for 3rd quarter||01 October 2023 to 15 October 2023|
|KV Fees 2023 for 4th quarter||01 January 2023 to 15 January 2023|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees Payment Dates for Class 11|
|Last date to submit fees for the first two quarters||August 2023|
|Fees submission dates for 3rd quarter||01 October 2023 to 15 October 2023|
epay.unionbankofindia.co.in KV Fee 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) offer the convenience of multiple payment options for fees, including both offline and online modes.
Payment of Fees at Kendriya Vidyalaya Online
- Students can conveniently visit the Union Bank of India Kendriya Vidyalaya fees portal or the KVS official website to pay their Online KV fees.
- Parents and students have the option to use the Union Fee Pay service, which accepts various payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, net banking, or point-of-sale transactions.
- In addition to traditional banking methods, students can also make online fee payments using any bank’s mobile banking application.
- The online payment system for KV fees offers a convenient and secure way for parents and students to complete the fee payment process.
- By utilizing online payment options, parents and students can save time and effort that would otherwise be required for manual fee submissions at the school or bank.
- The online payment system is expected to be available in 2023, providing an up-to-date and efficient method for KV School fees Payment.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Payment of Fees 2023-2024
- Fee Challan: Students have the option to pay their fees through a fee challan generated by the system. This challan can be accessed through the KVS or Union Bank website.
- Online Payment: Students can make online payments using the fee challan through the designated online payment portal. This convenient method allows for easy and secure transactions.
- Cash and Check Deposits: Another payment option is to deposit cash or checks at any Union Bank branch located throughout India. Students can visit the bank and submit their fees in person.
- Wide Accessibility: With Union Bank branches spread across the country, students have the flexibility to choose a branch convenient to their location for fee payment.
- Secure Transactions: The payment methods provided by KVS and Union Bank ensure the security of transactions, protecting the students’ financial information.
- Reliable System: The fee challan generated by the system offers a reliable and streamlined process for fee payment, minimizing errors and providing transparency.
- Convenience: The availability of multiple payment options, including online and offline modes, allows students to choose the method that suits them best.
- Trackable Transactions: The system keeps a record of fee payments, allowing students and parents to track their payment history for future reference.
- Support and Assistance: In case of any issues or queries related to fee payment, students can seek assistance from the Kendriya Vidyalaya or Union Bank helpline or visit the nearest Union Bank branch for guidance.
KV Fees Structure
When a student seeks admission to a Kendriya Vidyalaya, an admission fee is charged. This fee is one-time and non-refundable. It covers administrative expenses related to the admission process.
Tuition fees form a significant component of KV fees. These fees cover the basic educational services provided by the school, including the cost of classroom teaching, curriculum development, and academic support. Tuition fees vary based on the grade or class of the student.
In the digital age, computer literacy is of utmost importance. To provide students with access to computer education, Kendriya Vidyalayas charge a nominal computer fund. This fund enables the school to maintain computer labs and equip them with the latest technology.
Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi
The Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi is a fund established to meet the school’s infrastructural and maintenance needs. The contribution towards this fund is generally voluntary and not mandatory. However, parents are encouraged to contribute to support the overall development of the school.
In addition to tuition fees, KVs may charge miscellaneous fees. These fees encompass various services and facilities, such as laboratory charges, library fees, sports equipment charges, transportation fees, and examination fees. The amount and nature of miscellaneous fees may differ from one KV to another.
For students residing in KV hostels, additional hostel fees are applicable. These fees cover accommodation, food, and other related amenities. Hostel fees are optional and apply only to students availing of hostel facilities.
KV Fees vs. Private School Fees
One of the key advantages of KV education is the affordability factor. Compared to private schools, KV fees are considerably lower. Private schools often charge exorbitant fees, making quality education inaccessible to many. Kendriya Vidyalayas, on the other hand, strike a balance by providing excellent education at a reasonable cost.
Scholarships and Discounts
KVs offer various scholarships and fee concessions to deserving students. These opportunities aim to support students from economically weaker backgrounds and encourage academic excellence. Scholarships can be based on merit, such as performance in exams or competitions, or they can be need-based, taking into consideration the financial circumstances of the student’s family.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fee Concessions and Exemptions
A. Concessions for government employees
Kendriya Vidyalayas provide fee concessions for students whose parents or guardians are government employees. This concession aims to support government employees in providing quality education to their children while considering the financial aspect.
B. Concessions for single girl child
To promote gender equality and empower girls, Kendriya Vidyalayas offer fee concessions for single girl children. This concession acknowledges the importance of education in shaping the future of girls and encourages their enrollment in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
C. Exemptions for economically weaker sections
Recognizing the socio-economic disparities, Kendriya Vidyalayas provide exemptions in fees for students belonging to economically weaker sections. This initiative ensures that no deserving student is deprived of quality education due to financial constraints.
|Category||Tuition fees||Computer Fund||VVN Contribution|
|Girls students from class 1 to 12||Exempted||No exemption||No exemption|
|ST/ SC students||Exempted||No exemption|
|Children of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan employees||Exempted||No exemption|
|Children of armed forces and paramilitary members can avail of exemptions from tuition fees, computer funds, and VVN fees.||Exempted||Girls students from classes 1 to 12||Exempted|
|Girl students in Classes 6 through 12 who are the only children in their families||Exempted||No exemption||Exempted|
|Children of parents having BPL card||Exempted||No exemption||Exempted|
|Girl students in Class 6 through 12 who are the only children in their families||Exempted||Exempted||Exempted|
|Emergency assistance to the students||Please note that the exemption of VVN for one academic session is allowed.|
KV Fees Payment Mode
The Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) generally accepts fees payments through the following modes:
Many KVs provide an online payment facility where parents can pay fees through their official website or a designated payment portal. This mode usually allows various online payment options, such as net banking, credit cards, debit cards, and digital wallets.
Parents can also choose to pay fees through bank challans. They need to collect the challan form from the school office, fill in the required details, and submit it along with the payment at the designated bank branch mentioned on the challan.
Demand Draft (DD):
Some KVs may accept fees payment through demand drafts. Parents need to obtain a demand draft from a bank in favor of the respective Kendriya Vidyalaya and submit it at the school office.
It’s important to note that the specific payment modes and procedures may vary from one Kendriya Vidyalaya to another. Therefore, it is advisable to contact the respective KV to confirm the available payment modes and any specific instructions for the year 2023.
Union Bank of India (UBI) KVS Fee Payment Bank
UBI Bank recently underwent changes in its IFSC code following the amalgamation of Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank. To facilitate the process of online KVS fee payment, we have gathered the direct link to the UBI Bank.
|UBI Bank Official Website||Click Here|
|KVS Online fees Collection (Fee Payment)||Click Here|
|KVS Online Challan generation and Fee receipt||Click Here|
|KVS Fees Online Payment 2022-2023||Click Here|
|KVS Fee UBI Student Login||Click Here|
|KVS Help Desk Online Payment Complaint Application Form Download||Click Here|
Procedure to Pay Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees 2023 Online
Students who wish to pay their Union Bank KV fees online must possess their unique 15-digit student ID. Follow the instructions below to pay the Kendriya Vidyalaya fees online in 2023 once students have their special ID.
- Go to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan’s official website. Students may also go to the website the www.unionbankofindia.co.in
- Select “Pay Kendriya Vidyalaya Fees Online” on the homepage, then click the associated link.
- A new login window will open up after you click the link. Use the 15-digit Student Unique ID, your date of birth, and the provided captcha to log in. Click the submit button now.
- The screen will display all of the students’ fee information.
- Enter the email address and mobile number.
- Press the Pay Now button.
- You can now pay the fees using a debit card, mobile banking, or a point-of-sale.
How to Pay Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangthan fees 2023 through challan?
To make offline payments for KV fees 2023, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan provides a convenient system-generated KV fee challan download. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to complete the UBI KV fee payment process:
- Visit the website epay.unionbankofindia.co.in/kvchallan as the first step.
- Click on the provided link, which will direct you to a login window.
- Enter the Student’s Unique ID, Date of Birth, and the displayed Captcha into the login window.
- Click on the “Click Here to Generate Challan & Print Receipt” link to proceed with the process.
- Utilize the generated challan to make the payment for the KV fees in 2023.
- After completing the payment, it is essential for students to provide their respective class teachers with a copy of the challan or a receipt as proof of the KVS fee payment.
By following these instructions, students can conveniently fulfill their KV fee payment obligations for the year 2023.
Process To Pay Kendriya Vidyalaya fees 2023 via mobile banking
Here is a step-by-step process for paying KV fees online in 2023:
- Install your bank’s app: Begin by installing your bank’s mobile application from the Play Store or relevant app store.
- Access IMPS – P2M: Open the bank’s app and navigate to the IMPS – P2M (Immediate Payment Service – Person to Merchant) option.
- Enter your PIN: Enter your personal identification number (PIN) to authenticate and access the payment features.
- Provide Beneficiary Details: Enter the mobile number and MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) of the beneficiary, in this case, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), in the designated fields.
- Enter the fee amount: Input the correct fee amount that needs to be paid. Ensure accuracy to avoid any discrepancies in the transaction.
- Enter the student’s unique ID: Enter the unique identification number assigned to the student for whom the fee payment is being made. This ensures proper allocation of the payment to the respective student’s account.
- Submit the payment: Once all the required information is filled in accurately, click the “Submit” button to initiate the payment process.
By following these steps, you can conveniently and securely pay KV fees online using your bank’s mobile application. It streamlines the payment process, providing a hassle-free experience for parents and guardians.
FAQ on KV Fees
No, KV fees can vary slightly from one school to another. Factors such as location, facilities, and grade of the student can influence the fee structure.
No, hostel fees are optional and applicable only to students availing hostel facilities. Parents can choose whether to enroll their child in the hostel or not.
KVs may provide installment options for fee payment. Parents can inquire with the school administration regarding such arrangements.
KV fees can undergo revisions periodically. Any changes in fees are usually communicated to parents well in advance, allowing them to plan accordingly.
Fee concessions in Kendriya Vidyalayas are primarily provided for single girl children rather than single parents. However, it’s recommended to check with the respective Kendriya Vidyalaya regarding their specific policies on fee concessions.
Yes, Kendriya Vidyalayas offer scholarships and awards for meritorious students who excel in academics, sports, or extracurricular activities. These scholarships aim to recognize and encourage students’ achievements.
A: Yes, most Kendriya Vidyalayas provide the option to pay fees online through their official website or designated online portals. The school will provide the necessary details and instructions for online fee payment.
A: If you are unable to pay Kendriya Vidyalaya fees on time, it is recommended to contact the school administration or the fee department to discuss the situation. They may provide guidance or suggest a suitable solution, such as an extension or installment plan for fee payment.