Single Girl Child Scholarship CBSE Scheme has been started by the Central Board of Secondary Education, under this, the scholarship benefit will be provided to the eligible girl child only. CBSE SGC Scholarship Scheme is for those girl students who have scored at least 60% marks in class 10th. She will be provided Rs.500 every month for educational expenses.
CBSE Single Girl Child (SGC) Scholarship Scheme is for those girl students whose financial condition is not stable and unable to get a proper education. Because of their financial background condition, they step back from school to get an education and make themselves busy with household chores.
The Central Board of Secondary Education is going to provide a scholarship benefit to single girl children, and for that they need to register themselves online. In this article, we have provided all details regarding the CBSE Scholarship such as its eligibility criteria, benefits, documents required, the online application process, etc. All those interested parents who want to get benefits by applying for Single Girl Child Scholarship for their girl child must read the complete article carefully.
Quick Highlight on CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
Apply Online CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2023 सिंगल गर्ल चाइल्ड के लिए + 2 स्टडी के लिए सीबीएसई मेरिट स्कॉलरशिप स्कीम – Fresh Application Form. Also check CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child of Class X Online Registration, CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child SGC-X Application Form PDF Download. To apply for the Scholarship scheme check eligibility, Beneficiary List, Payment/ Amount Status, Upload Document, Features, and Benefits and Check Online Application Status at the Official Website cbse.nic.in, cbseit.in.
सीबीएसई सिंगल गर्ल चाइल्ड स्कॉलरशिप स्कीम Latest News Update
Latest News Update: CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child (Class X – 2023)-
CBSE Single Girl child scholarship scheme is introduced by the Central Board of Secondary Education for school students. Only Single Girl Child can apply for this scholarship scheme. Those who are interested can check the details and eligibility criteria by visiting the official website cbse.nic.in.
About CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023
The Single Girl Child Scholarship is run by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) which aims to drive the girl child towards education. As this scheme is organized by the Central Government, so it becomes the National Level Scholarship and therefore the selection under this scholarship is made from all over India.
The selection process depends on the eligibility criteria or the merit list as per the Central Government guidelines. This Scholarship is specially launched for a single girl child who has passed the 10th standard for the future learning processes.
All the girl students who have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the class 10th exam are eligible to take benefit of this scholarship. In order to take advantage of the scholarship under the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship, applicants need to fill out the form through the CBSE Portal and the eligible students will be selected on the basis of merit.
After this, the beneficiary will get a scholarship benefit of Rs.500 per month. Only Single Girl Child will avail of the benefit of the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme, this will help in their educational needs. To get all answers related to the CBSE Single Girl Child Scheme read the complete article till the end.
Click Here: Post matric scholarship Bihar
CBSE SGC Scholarship 2023 Overview
|Scholarship Name||CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023|
|Launched By||By Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Beneficiary||Single Girl Child of Post-Matric Classes Studying in CBSE Schools|
|Main Objective||To Provide the Benefit of Class XI and XII to the Meritorious SGC Students|
|Benefits||500 Rupees Scholarship Per Month|
Main Objective of the CBSE Single Girl Child Scheme
The main objective behind launching this scholarship is to ensure that girl child education is promoted. CBSE is helping and encouraging girls in their studies and promoting girl child education in the country. This is also an appreciation taken for such parents who choose to live happily with a single girl child and helps in population control.
Central Board is using this scholarship in order to support the girls financially, who have scored at least 60% in the 10th board exam and belong to the minor class of the community. This CBSE Girl Scholarship is given to those girls candidates who passed secondary school and want to study further. So that this scholarship can go to their higher studies.
Because there are many girls in our country who have not completed their education due to financial issues. And keeping all such situations in mind, the CBSE has launched this scholarship so that each single girl child can take education and fulfill her dreams.
There are many girl students across the country, who are unable to complete their education up to class X due to their family’s financial issues. And because of this CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship has been launched, so that girls can take advantage of this scholarship and complete their education up to class 10th without any issues.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Total Amount
Single Girl Scholarship for Class X will be provided with a scholarship amount of Rs.500 per month. Only the selected girl students will be given scholarships for a maximum period of 2 years on a monthly basis.
This scholarship will cover 2 years for girl students of classes XI and XII. After completing the schooling the girl student cannot take advantage of this scholarship scheme. This scheme is valid up to class 12th only. Each month the girl student will get Rs.500.
Selection Process for CBSE SGC Scholarship
As the girl student gets selected for the scholarship when the application and candidate documents will be verified and the shortlisting is done through the online application form. Applicants need to fill out the application form correctly, as per the eligibility criteria of the scheme. The documents will be checked in the school, in whichever school the girl students will get admitted. The student must pass class 10th with at least 60%. Because the scholarship will be given to qualified girl students only.
- A student should have passed Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 60%
or more marks.
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE-affiliated Schools.
- Students (girls) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents.
- Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/
Executive Magistrate/Notary as per the prescribed format available on the Board’s
website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be accepted).
- An undertaking should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is
pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Examination.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10%
enhancement for Class XI & XII.
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme For Single Girl Child Eligibility Criteria
The scholarship shall be given on the basis of the merit list from the result of the CBSE Class X Examination. The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
Applying For the First Time
- Students applying for this scholarship must be a woman, the only girl child of their parents,s and permanent residents of India.
- All students must be in class XI or XII in a school affiliated with the CBSE.
- The advantage of this scholarship can be taken by such girl children who are twins. Apart from these, any other child in the family will not be eligible for this.
- Tuition fees in classes 11th and 12th are not more than 1500 INR per month, and the school must be CBSE affiliated.
- The scholarship will be given to Indian citizens only.
- For CBSE Girl Child Scholarship, an applicant must continue their studies of class 11th and 12th standard.
- Central Board of Secondary Education will also offer a scholarship award to the NRI candidate as well. ( Only if the NRI student is pursuing her education in a school affiliated to CBSE Board )
- To avail the advantage of this CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship, the student must have passed class X with at least 60% marks.
NOTE: NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
Applying For Renewal
- For the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship renewal process, the applicant must be on the merit list of the last year.
- As per the CBSE guidelines, the applicant must have scored at least 50 percentile on the 11th standard.
- The school fees of the students in class 10th are not more than Rs. 1500.
- The renewal can be processed when the tuition fees are not increased, by more than 10% in the next 2 years.
Documents Required Under CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
Documents are very important because the complete process depends on the verification of documents only. So the candidates need to submit all the required documents asked given below.
|Applying For the First Time||Applying For Renewal|
|Family Income Certificate||Class 11th mark sheet|
|Admission Certificate||Bank passbook/ cancel cheque (Photocopy)|
|Bank Account details||Affidavit by parents that the applicant (girl) is the only child|
|Caste Certificate||Affidavit verified by the first class magistrate or the SDM|
|Candidate’s photograph with signature||Aadhaar card linked with Bank Account|
|School ID Card||–|
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme Benefits
The following benefits will be provided in this scholarship:-
|Class||Scholarship Per Month||Total Scholarship|
|Class 11th||₹ 500||₹ 6000|
|Class 12th||₹ 500||₹ 6000|
|Total Scholarship for 2 years||₹ 12000|
Application Procedure For CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
In order to apply for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme, follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
- Firstly, applicants need to visit the CBSE official web portal (cbse.gov.in).
- Next, visit the portal’s scholarship page.
- Click on the SGC-X – Fresh Application option and fill all the required details asked like Date of Birth and Roll Number.
- Next, click on the Proceed option.
- In order to apply for the Renewal of the scholarship, click on the SGC-X-Renewal and submit the required details.
- Click on the Proceed option.
- Next, upload the documents by entering the credentials.
- Click on the Proceed option.
- After submitting and entering all the document details click on the Confirmation tab.
- Here the Fresh candidate doesn’t need to send the confirmation page to the CBSE board.
- Once after entering all the details, then only the student can able to move forward to the confirmation page.
Where to send CBSE SGC Application Forms with documents?
The printout of the online application form along with documents should be sent in an envelope super scribing “APPLICATION FOR CBSE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR SGC X (RENEWAL-2018)”
should be sent to the “ASSISTANT SECRETARY (SCHOLARSHIP), CBSE, SHIKSHA KENDRA, 2
COMMUNITY CENTRE, PREET VIHAR, DELHI 110 092”.
Note:- In case of any technical difficulty in the online submission of the Application form contact on
email IDs [email protected]
CBSE SGC Scholarship 2023 Important Links
|Apply (Fresh/ Renewal)||Scholarship Application Link|
|Read||CBSE SGC Notice|
For More Update
All the certificates must be sent to this address “ASSISTANT SECRETARY (SCHOLARSHIP), CBSE, SHIKSHA KENDRA, 2, COMMUNITY CENTRE, PREET VIHAR, DELHI 110 092” by using the superscribed envelop.
The main reason behind launching the SGC scheme by the CBSE is to help and assist the minor community girl child in their education so that they can go for their higher studies.
The total span of this scheme is 2 years, and the candidate has to renew the scholarship every year. After the class 11th candidate has to again submit the documents and Renewal application form.
For the Single Girl Child Scheme, CBSE needs – Admission certificate, family annual Income certificate, tuition fees receipt of class 10th, Caste certificate, photocopy of Bank passbook or cancel cheque, photograph with signature, Affidavit, school identification certificate, etc.
No, As per the definition of Single Girl Children you will not be considered for a scholarship under the scheme as single Girl children are those girl children whose parents have only one girl child and there are no other siblings.
Normally CBSE sends cheques through partner banks by post and the chances of delay are not there. However, in such a case you may send the cheque to the CBSE scholarship branch for getting a valid cheque.
The criteria for granting scholarships is that they must have passed Class 10 with a minimum of 60% marks in the first five subjects. Eligible students can apply for the single girl child scholarship 2023 scheme at the CBSE official website, cbse.gov.in